News and notes from GCC Public Safety

The Glendale Community College Public Safety department has released its incident report for Sept. 28 through Oct. 4.

September 28: A student was attending a chemistry lab and dropped concentrated nitric acid on their pants inside PS 150. Transport was refused.

September 30: On Sept. 21, an employee in the Library Media Center reported to College Police that a student was making inappropriate comments to her.

October 1: A non-student who had previously been trespassed from the campus was seen inside the men’s restroom at the stadium. He was cited and released for criminal trespassing.

October 1: A student contacted College Police to report an injury she received on Sept. 30, when she fell on campus walking to class. No medical response needed.

October 1: A wallet was turned into College Police as found property. The wallet was found in the Student Union. Item returned to owner.

October 1: A laptop was found in the Library Media Center, and turned in to College Police as found property. Item claimed by owner.

October 1: A student fell while in dance class, injuring her knee. Medical personnel responded and completed a medical evaluation. Transport refused by student.

October 1: A student was propositioned in the northeast parking lot while walking to her vehicle. No suspect information.

October 1: An employee reported witnessing a hit-and-run collision in the northeast parking lot. The victim was notified, and there is no subject at this time.

October 1: Currency was found in the Life Science building and turned in to College Police as found property.

October 1: A cell phone was turned in to College Police as found property. Item returned to owner.

October 1: A bag with US currency was turned in to College Police as found property. Item is being held for safekeeping.

October 2: A employee reported the theft of five computers from Technology one. The computers were noticed missing at Sept. 26. Case inactive as of Oct. 8, according to Public Safety.

October 2: A student reported to College Police that his wallet was either lost or stolen near the Student Union. The wallet was later located.

October 2: The library staff at GCC North received six “prank” phone calls from unknown callers. No threats were made and no harassing phone calls were received the next day.

October 3: A student reported his guitar and guitar case stolen from the Music two building. The property belongs to MCCCD, but is assigned to the student. The items were later located.

October 3: An employee contacted College Police to report a lost access key card.

October 3: A wallet found inside the Student Union was turned in to the College Police Department as found property. Item claimed by owner.

October 3: College Police were called to the Physical Sciences lab reference for an injured student. The student was treating the burn with ointment and declined paramedics.

October 3: College Police responded to the Physical Science lab regarding a student who had burned her fingers. The student declined paramedics and returned to class.

October 4: A two vehicle non injury collision occurred at the intersection of College Drive and the one-way entrance east of 61st avenue.